Saturday, April 12, 2008

RANT.

I've been so stressed lately and thus very whine-y, so here goes..=) My first rant is about makeup, usually with what I see at school, and funny how it's always those grades below mine..

1) You do not need a full face makeup at school, that is, caked on foundation, half a pan of blush, bronzers that makes you look like an Oompa Loompa, thick black eyeliner around the whole of your eye, so much mascara that your lashes clump into one, and to top it off, eyeshadow. A tinted moisturiser/mascara/liner is more than sufficient, or if really necessary, then a thin layer of foundation/blush.
2) If you do decide to cake on your foundation, then at least get the right shade use a little bit of blush; I see too many that look like sick ghosts.
3) If you're obsessed with blush and insist on overblushing at school, then at least blend, PLEASE? I've seen some girls do it and it does look pretty good and help to contour their faces, but... Yesterday morning, I saw a girl and literally barfed when I walked past. Her skin was quite fair and she had two diagonal dark orange stripes across her cheekbone, and for a second, I thought it was some sort of tribal face painting. Seriously, if you don't have the time to blend it in, then either use a light hand or not use it at all?
4) Dark eyeshadows over your entire lids are unnecessary for school unless you're doing a play/dance.
5) Foundations don't cover big red pimples, there's something called a concealer.
6) Why line your entire eye when it makes your eyes look like slits (I learnt this the hard way!).
7) Frost nudish lipglosses that are 5 shades lighter than your lips as just gross.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only makeup I wore in high school was lipgloss haha. I still don't wear foundation.

And eyeliner? I can't even put that on properly so I don't bother. I think it makes my eyes look incredibly small :(

Elizabeth said...

I didnt wear much makeup in highschool it explains why i looked so ugly in my school photos! I agree with TB school girls with heavy black eyeliner and wrong shade of foundation. Do they go to school to learn or to impress lol.

jenny.tee said...

I think I know who you have in mind lol...
I'm thinking of big-forehead girl who has so much eyeliner on that her eyes are like slits.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at the tribal face painting! LOL, buy her Rae Morris' book!!

At my school, there's a handful of girls who DO wear make-up AND get it wrong, LOL. Seriously. Eyeliner is black and as thick as 3cm! Eugh!! And foundation so much whiter than their necks, ha!

I admit, I do wear make-up to school but it consists of blush and lipgloss most of the time. When I DO have time for eye shadow, it's just a wash of a neutral pigment.

x said...

Annie sure possesses a sharp eye for these things, maybe I should pay more attention in order to get some free entertainment around the corridors next term.

I hope I pass your test lol. I really didn't realise that girls in the year below wore that much make up

Anonymous said...

LEAVE THEM ALONE!! I THINK IT LOOKS HOT, OKAY? xD

A. said...

linh: Eyeliner makes me eyes look so much bigger!:P

elizabeth: I saw your school photo in one of your post before, you do not look ugly!

jt: haha yes with the eyes, but her blush is not too bad...

julie: your FOTD always sounds gorgeous:), so it doesn't matter!!

colleen: are you serious you don't see them around? Nah I like your makeup, I remember i saw you with gold eyeliner/eyeshadow once at YAA, and that triggered my one month hunt for gold eyeshadows!

philip: I'll do that to you?=D

Anonymous said...

LOL.
Hi annie.
I know a girl in year 11 who has /very/ small eyes, yet she still puts on eyeliner and then she looks like a snake.
I walked into commerce one afternoon and till this day I still can't figure out if she was glaring at me or whether it was just how she looked.
xo.